Filing for bankruptcy is done through a licensed Insolvency Trustee. You must phone or visit our office and meet with the trustee.
The trustee listens to your situation and then provides you with the options that are available to help you get out of debt, including;
- filing for bankruptcy
- consumer proposals
- consolidation loans or
- debt counselling
Where you and the trustee agree that bankruptcy is the best option, the trustee:
- explains to you the bankruptcy process
- lets you know what assets are affected by the bankruptcy
- what your obligations in bankruptcy are
- explains how the bankruptcy is discharged
- tells you about the costs involved in bankruptcy
The meeting with the trustee is a free opportunity to discuss your finances, ask any questions and to learn about the help available for your consumer debt problems.